Providing professional 24/7 holistic care in the comfort of your own home. We are locally owned and operated, and our trustworthy care team is guaranteed to provide you with quality consistent care. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs and goals of each individual we care for. There is no minimum visit duration required and we can accommodate short and/or long term care support.
At Hilbre we pride ourselves on providing quality, holistic and individualized home care services for individuals who wish to remain in the comfort and security of their own homes. We strive to meet the needs and goals of those who wish to either regain or maintain their independence and safety while providing trustworthy, consistent care.
Hilbre Home Support is a locally owned and operated business that started providing care in early 2017. The idea for Hilbre came from its owner Melissa who has always had a passion for seniors.
Melissa is an experienced Health Care professional who left her home town of Melbourne, Australia in 2013 to immigrate to Victoria. Her Australian career began at the age of 14, where she worked in a long-term care facility every day after school. From there, she graduated high school, then nursing school primarily working in long term care facilities for the bulk of her career.
Melissa states her passion for allowing seniors to remain at home began after seeing the direct effect of being placed at care facilities had on not only seniors, but also their family members. Although acknowledging that at times there is no other choice for either health or financial reasons, if she can somehow contribute to the industry and assist with keeping people in the comfort of their own homes, that is what she aspires to work towards.
In her four years living in Victoria, Melissa has made significant connections in the community, starting with her employment at Beacon Community Services followed by Private Care. She has also volunteered with local community groups, examined research on current trends and statistics regarding seniors and available care options, in efforts to assure the best quality of care.
Since its opening, Hilbre has taken the time to put together an experienced team of compassionate professionals that have the same outlook regarding quality client care. We are now thriving and taking on the task of improving the quality of life and care for seniors on the Island.
– Shower/bathing assistance, hair washing, oral care, shave assist
– Continence care: changing of continence products, catheter care/bag change, ostomy care
– Medication Assistance: secure administration via lockbox , medication check, medication pre-pours, medicated patch application/removal, eye and ear drops, cream application
– Mobility: exercise programs, assisted walks
– Meal preparation: Grocery shopping, prepping /cooking nutritious meals
– Post surgical care: knee/hip replacements, cataract procedures, elective surgeries
– Wound Care: Aseptic wound cleaning, dressing changes, surgical site care
– Foot care: Nail care and maintained , corn and dry skin removal
– Vital sign monitoring: Blood pressure, heart rate, glucose levels, weight
– Palliative Care: end of life care
– Laundry: Washing, drying, folding, ironing and bed linen changes
– Housekeeping: Floor care, bathrooms, kitchen, dusting, window cleaning, hazard reduction
– Home maintenance services: Gutter cleaning, painting, picture hanging, power washing
– Garbage service: Hard rubbish removal, maintaining household garbage collection
– Respite in or out of the home
– Meaningful companion visits
– Activity programs
– To/from appointments, Transfers to hospital
– Grocery shopping
– General errands
– Packing and unpacking boxes
– Move in/out clean
– Organization: once off or ongoing tasks
Hilbre takes immense pride in the fact that we employ and work with some of the most highly qualified and experienced support workers.
The service’s Hilbre offers could also be incredibly valuable to your organization. We are a 24/7 support agency that could offer staffing solutions to your organization. By booking our care aids , Licenced Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses an either an emergency basis or an advanced booking, we offer affordable and competitive rates.
Our Staff have met all the required educational and registration requirements.
Our Promise To You
At Hilbre, health care and client welfare will always comes first. Below outlines our promise as your facility staffing agency.
A senior staff member from Hilbre will be orientated with the facility policy , procedure and emergency evacuation process in order to ensure any staff members sent will have adequate information prior to their first shift.
We will always give our full attention to your staffing requirements whether its short notice or booked in advance. Staff will be scheduled as often as possible with continuity for the ease of client care and regular staff.
After Hours booking Service
You can call our emergency after hours number for any staffing issues that arise last minute.
Reliability with accurate information and charges will be invoiced in a timely manor
As a home care worker you perform a range of care plan tasks set by agency nurse’s, in consultation with client and family. This may include:
Preform Delegation of tasks as per care plan instructions, catheter care, ostomy care, medication assistance, tube feeding, bowel care
Personal care – Hygiene needs, dress / undress assist, Oral care, continence care
Nutritional Needs – Meal preparation, meal planning, feed assist, grocery lists
Domestic duties – Laundry assistance / bed linen changes, light housekeeping, organizational tasks
Medication Assistance – Administration via blister packs, medication checks, eye drops, application of topical ointments.
Monitoring – Vital signs, weight records and health status.
– Ministry of Justice Criminal record check (Provided by agency)
– Certification from a recognized education center as a health care aid / assistant
– Good standing and active registration with The BC Care Aid Registry
– Food Safe
– First Aid / CPR
– Negative TB test
– Flexible scheduling and availability
– Opportunity for growth and ongoing professional education
– Pick your area of work
– Competitive pay rates
– Opportunities for position’s which includes benefits and vacation time
We offer 24/7 support but our office hours are Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm.
Talk To Us
You can contact us during our hours of operation.
Address & Map
318-1095 Mckenzie Ave.
Victoria, BC. V8P-2L5